PTA stands for Parents and Teachers Association. We are a registered charity (number 1011598). Any parent or carer is automatically a member and welcome to help in any way they can. At Hexham First we have an active and welcoming PTA that organise a variety of fundraising events throughout the year such as School Fairs, magnificent Christmas Hampers, Christmas gift stalls, Bingo nights, discos, coffee mornings and cake stalls. Parents are always needed to help at school events or to make posters, wrap tombola prizes, bake cakes, fold raffle tickets…there really is a job for everyone, no matter how much or little time you can spare!!
Over the last few years, the PTA have raised money to:
- Develop the Early Years outdoor environment
- Purchase laptops essential for supporting home learning during school closures
- Buy lots and lots of books for our children to use in their classes for guided and whole class reading, as well as to buy more library books for our children to enjoy
- Funded the cost of transport for class trips
- Book bags for new starters
- Christmas crackers
- Funding for the Year 4 Leavers Hoodies
'Joining the Hexham First School PTA is a a fantastic way to socialise and the team really enjoy coordinating the social events for both children and families, whilst also inevitably raising fantastic amounts of money for our lovely school.
I would strongly encourage anyone who is interested in volunteering for the Hexham First School PTA to get involved and become a member – it really is a fantastic way to get to know other parents , whilst really giving something back to our children. Everyone is welcome!'
Justine Overton- Head Teacher
Please visit the link below to get started.... and don't forget to refer your friends as well...
Don't forget to use AmazonSmile just follow the link below: